Solvit PupSTEP® HitchSTEP hitch mounted dog step
Dog vehicle hitch step
Fold away dog vehicle step
Introductory free shipping!!
Tired of lifting your dog in and out of your vehicle? Have an old or arthritic dog who can’t jump anymore?
Taking your big dog along for the ride has never been easier! Solvit’s innovative HitchSTEP is the perfect solution for pet parents who want an alternative to ramps for helping their oh-so-heavy pups access the back of the vehicle.
The patent-pending, two-step design makes it easy for pets to climb up and down, and even easier for you to swivel it up and out of the way when not in use. The HitchSTEP installs in any 2” vehicle hitch receiver and can be adjusted to fit the heights of different vehicles, including pickup trucks when the necessary adapter is used (sold separately). An adapter for 1.25” hitch receivers is also sold separately. Generously-sized steps have a high-traction surface to give pets confidence going up and down. Steps are 18 inches wide and 10 inches deep and the vertical space between steps is 8 inches.The vehicle’s lift gate can still be opened with the steps in the stowed position, and steps can be easily removed for storage.The HitchSTEP’s steel construction, weighing in at 20 pounds, is strong enough to hold 200 pounds. Since the HitchSTEP is always available “on-demand”, it is an excellent alternative for consumers who find pet ramps too cumbersome. The HitchSTEP is covered by Solvit’s Lifetime Warranty against defects in materials and workmanship.
- Fits all standard 2” receiver hitches
- Fully adjustable for all vehicles and all dogs
- Stows in place so it doesn’t take up valuable space in your cargo area
- Removes easily for storage
- Strong steel construction
- Weight: 20 Lbs.
- Holds dogs weighing up to 200 Lbs.
- High traction surface
- HitchSTEP is 18” wide x 10” deep
- Vertical distance between steps is 8”
- The vehicle’s lift gate can still be opened with the steps in the stowed position
- Patent Pending
- Lifetime Warranty